Sorry I've been away for so long. Wish I had lots of fun stuff to share but my life has been filled with mostly work. :P Not fun...
Doug had a birthday last weekend but we didn't get to do much of anything because he ended up having to work the entire weekend. Sorry baby! Hope you are enjoying your present though!!
My sister January is coming to Tulsa for a visit this week ~ can hardly wait!
Let's see what else... In a nutshell:
1. CKC Tulsa (Creating Keepsakes Convention) - was in town two weeks ago! I did manage to stop by for a few hours and picked up a *ton* of scrapbooking supplies. I purchased a couple of kits that I intend to do in the next couple of weeks. I'll take pictures and post them here.
2. Scraphappy's is a local scrapbooking store that I frequent. I took a paper piecing class this past Thursday. When I finished with work on Thursday night even though I was so tired and all I wanted to do was come home and veg, I went to the class and I'm so glad I did! I'll take a picture of the *adorable* snowman layout we did and post it here (maybe tomorrow).
3. Dinner at LXI with the Tomeceks. Always a good time!
4. Niles and Nestle got a bath this weekend (good times! Yeah, NOT!)
5. I've been walking a few times a week - trying to drop a few lbs. before we head off to Hawaii to get married. Just wish I didn't love to eat so much!
6. Had a Celebrating Home Party. Not too many people showed up but I got the cutest holiday bean pot! And I'm having a jewelry party in a few weeks ~ that should be alot of fun.
Okay, gotta run. I'll try to be better with the updates ~ and include more pictures.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Welcome! I was visiting Rachel Anne's Home Sanctuary Blog this afternoon and one of her video's stirred a funny memory for me:
I was shopping one day with my mom, we came out of the store and I put my sunglasses on. All of a sudden, I couldn't see very well and I felt dizzy and I told my mom that I was having trouble with my vision. Well, she started laughing so hard and it was then I realized that a lens was missing from my sunglasses! At the time I was so embarrassed and felt so undignified but now I just laugh about it. I take myself a whole lot less seriously than I did back then.
Well, this is a short post because Douglas and I are heading off to Louies for a quick bite to eat. Tomorrow we are going to Norman for Doug to defend his title in the Neil Shindler Invitational (is that right? or is it Neil Shindler Open? whatever).
I'm planning on going to a couple of my favorite scrapbook stores and meeting up with my friend Jodi so it should be fun!
Monday, August 10, 2009
Gosh, it's been a while since I've posted but so much has been going on! Doug and I have been making plans to get married! I booked the travel plans today. We are going to Hawaii!!! *AND* we are staying at the Kapalua Ritz. I'm so excited that I can hardly stand it!
We are going to be married in October. I'm not sure of all the details just yet but we've talked about a simple ceremony on the beach, completely casual. Sounds perfect to me!
In the meanwhile, I've decided to get on the straight and narrow and focus on losing a few lbs. I'm trying to eat healthier and do more exercise. I want to look pretty and feel good about myself when we get married!
We've been cooking out on the grill which I LOVE! Check out this:
This is the shrimp marinating before being put on skewers
Yummy grilled veggies
The awesome shrimp kabobs!
The shrimp are wonderfully light and flavorful and make a perfect summer meal combined with the grilled veggies and a bit of orzo. If you are interested in the recipe for the kabobs, let me know and I'd be happy to share.
I also made some delicious Chocolate Cinnamon Gelato with Toffee Bits. Came out wonderfully! I didn't take a picture of it but it was very good, believe me! Yeah, that's not exactly calorie conscious, I know...But I've been wanting to try the recipe to see if I liked it and turns out: I do! January wants me to make it when she comes for her visit in September so that is what I'll do.
Lets see...what else... Oh yeah! Doug took me to a couple of movies that I have been wanting to see. First, we saw "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock. Unbelieveably, we had an afternoon without too much going on so we went to the Riverwalk for an early dinner at TeKei's. After dinner we walked around and saw that "the Proposal" was playing so on a whim we decided to see it. I liked it. Kind of predictable but enjoyable. We hadn't been to a movie in about a year and a half!
This past Friday we went to see "Julie & Julia". I have been wanting to see this one since the previews first started. It was delightful! Probably not a movie for everyone but it was nice to see something different for a change.
I'm trying to rev up my real estate career and so the last two weekends I have done a couple of open houses. I love real estate. I love that you get to see how other people live. If you know of anyone that wants to buy or sell a house, have them get in touch with me.
I'm having a Celebrating Home Party here on Wednesday night so I'd probably better get off the computer and straighten up around here. Plus, I have to decide on a few snacks to make for my guests. Should be fun!