So, I sat down several times trying to write a post but ended up each time just deleting my text. I was having a problem "finding" the pictures I wanted to post and I didn't want to post without them. Turns out all I needed to do was to reboot my computer and the pictures magically appeared!
it has been a crazy month around here but a good month.
Hope everyone had a nice Easter! It was a quiet day for us and it was very nice. I had originally invited Doug's family for dinner but they couldn't make it. So instead, Doug and I decided to just cook a small dinner here at home. For lunch we went to Wholefoods in Midtown. After lunch we went over to Woodward Park and the Tulsa Garden Center. The spring flowers were starting to bloom and there were a bunch of families taking pictures and having picnics. The weather was beautiful but really windy. Par for the course here in Tulsa.
Great place to take pictures - I need to go there with my camera more often!
Here is our self portrait of the day! Sitting in front of the conservatory where there is a pretty fountain and walled gardens.
Inside the conservatory there were some beautiful flowers - orchids, hibiscus and all sorts of plants. Here is a hibiscus with a bloom that was bigger than my head!
The day before Easter my sweet husband drove me to Frisco, Texas so we could go to Ikea. As I've mentioned in an earlier post I am working with a professional organizer to get my craft room into shape. Boy, what a task that has been but it is going to be soooooo worth it when it is all done. Stay tuned for before and after pictures! Coming soon, I promise.
At the end of March, we went to Tulsa's largest roll of duct tape: the BOK center to see the Black Eyed Peas. We had seen them with U2 in Norman in October but they were here with Ludicris and LMFAO. Yeah - that just about says it all! It was funny to watch the shocked looks on the parent's faces when the two warm-up bands were performing. There was some pretty colorful language used and I have to admit, I learned a few new phrases that night! We saw a bunch of parents ushering their kids out to the concession stands until it was "safe" to come back for the Black Eyed Peas.
Clinton and Mindy Baird:
Doug and Me:
It was fun and the BOK center is a great venue for concerts.
In a nutshell, the other stuff going on around here:
1. Working on cleaning the garage (so I can finally park my car inside!)
2. I *am* going to finish my craft room soon and I will post pictures.
3. Upcoming class with Cheryl Mezzetti at A Memory to Scrap - can't wait! We are creating a travel journal which will be perfect for our upcoming trip to Italy!
4. We had Phoebe's blood work done which showed us that her hormones were a little out of whack (which we already knew) and we had a melatonin injection done this past week. Hopefully that will get her feeling better real soon.
5. I've been doing open houses trying to ramp up my Real Estate Career. I just love real estate and looking at houses. Fun!
6. At the end of the month I'm going to St. Louis to attend the Mary Englebreit conference and tour her studio! I can't wait for that either!
7. I've signed up for Silver Bella and Inspiration Unlimited which both take place in the fall. I'm contemplating a couple other creative conferences - I just love the inspiration I get from being around other creative and talented people..
Well - I think that is enough for now.