Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ann-Denise's High Tea

As always, Ann-Denise's High Tea event was spectacular!  Even before we entered her home, this beautifully decorated dress form was a glimpse at what was to come.  

The decor for this event was in theme for the High Tea and felt light and spring like.  

Ann-Denise of course went all-out with the decorations.  We each had party hats with our name on them, a sweet paper tea cup, and can you see that cute little spoon at my place setting? Ann-Denise made those by pouring them into a mold and then painting them for us.  Isn't that fun!?!  Plus, the centerpieces - you really have to see them in person to get a full appreciation of how beautiful they are. Each table had a unique centerpiece.  
Sandra Feazel, our co-host and instructor for our Tuffet project, handmade these beautiful Tea banners. We each got one to take home with us - I'm going to hang mine in my office today.
 A close up of one of the centerpieces:

 Look at this cute tea cart just waiting for some delicious goodies to display.
 Ann-Denise is a wonderful cook.  We had cream of cilantro soup, tea sandwiches, a delicious vegetable rice, garlic toast, fruit, white chocolate raspberry scones, tomato basil soup and of course, tea.
We had three projects we were supposed to work on: Sandra's Tuffet, and then Ann-Denise was to teach us a pincushion and a paper tea cup.  We all got so involved in the tuffet project that we used up the entire day.  In fact, I didn't even finish my tuffet (what's new, right!?!).   I want to do more decorative painting and fluff it up.  Hopefully, I can work on that this evening and get it close to finished.
Whether or not I finish I will post pictures of it in my next post.  As for Ann-Denise's projects we will be getting kits for those, and I'm sure they will be over the top!



4 comments:

  1. Sandra's tuffett is adorable. Look forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hungry just looking at the spread!!! i love the decorations and all the color!!! It does look gorgeous and over the top!! I love it and want to go next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the decor and tea hankies. The food sounded delicious too! Thanks for entering my give-away Lisa!!!

    Sandy xox

    ReplyDelete