Friday, November 22, 2013

Holly Abston's Ship Class

So, on Sunday I trekked back over to the Paper Crown to attend a lace ship class taught by Holly Abston.  

Holly taught this class in California at Jenny Doh's Crescendo studio back in the spring time, and we were SO EXCITED when she agreed to teach it here at home.

Isn't it so cute???  My ship is about six inches tall in total, but Holly has made them as large as almost two feet tall.


It was hard to get a good photo, but trust me when I say that my ship is precious!


I'm definitely going to have to make a few more of these.  The hardest part is wrangling the wire which was a bit daunting at first, but once I got the hang of it - no problem.  I'm dreaming of all the different laces I can use...

Sewing on the lace was fun and therapeutic and one of those things that you can sit, talk with your friends, and just relax.  It was a perfect class for a Sunday afternoon.

Jackie Peters snapped this picture of us after the class.  It was fun to have Jackie actually crafting with us since she's always teaching.


Speaking of Jackie, hop on over to her blog:  Good Grief Girdie and check it out.  She's been busy creating for tomorrow's Glitter Market.  I'll be there first thing to get a good place in line before the market opens.  :)

1 comment:

  1. lucky you! another fun class! the little lacy ship is adorable. have a fun weekend Lisa!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete