Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer's Here!

I can hardly believe that June is almost over! This month has absolutely flown by. I am getting some things done around the house but it is taking me so much longer than I thought it would. Why does that always happen?
This is just a short post today - no pictures or anything - sorry, I know - how boring!

Sunday was Father's Day but it also would have been my mom's birthday - she would have been 61. There are so many days even still that I can't believe she is gone. Five years have gone by and so much has changed in my life and although I know she is smiling down on me from heaven I can't help but wish she was here. As I get older and see how much I am just like her I smile. To me, being like my mom is a compliment. She taught me to be who I am today.

My birthday is next week and this is always a good time to make some plans for the next year in my life. Lots of things on my mind - actually lots of things have been on my mind for awhile and right now I'm just trying to get things down on paper and going to make a plan.

Doug and I are taking a trip to Italy in the near future and I just know when I get back I'll be refreshed and ready to get my plans off the ground.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa I am so sorry you missed the party last evening at the Paper Crown. We had a great crowd and so much fun. Maybe next month you can make it back down from Tulsa.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also lost my mom 5 years ago- and i relate. i miss her but am so grateful to have had her as my mom. i love that i see things in myself that are her!!

    happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete