Sunday, October 17, 2010

All kinds of stuff going on!

This week was the Oklahoma Association of Realtors conference and I attended and was the lucky winner of a 5 day Cruise for two! Thank you to Exit Realty from Arkansas! My choices are either Mexico or Bahamas. I think we going to choose Bahamas just because I have never been there.

Yesterday, down at Riverwalk in Jenks there was a fundraising event for the Tulsa Humane Society including a 5K run and a 1 mile walk along with all kinds of vendor booths and animals up for adoption. I met Tonya there and we did the 1 mile walk and admired all the cute furry friends walking too. We decided next year we would bring our furry friends too.


This cute little angel was checking out all the sights. You can't see from this photo but there were two other dogs in that stroller too. They weren't as interested what was going on. I wish I could take them all home with me...

I love these events and try to attend and support as many as I can. Today I am going over to Oklahoma City to attend the annual Free To Live auction. It is their biggest fundraising event of the year and is always so much fun. The silent auction and the live auction always have fun things to choose from.

On the creative front I've been working on some "swaps". I got my Dorothy tags in the mail last week from the Dorothy tag swap I participated in over at Karla's Cottage. I finished my Halloween Tags and got them in the mail and I finished my fabric banners for the banner swap taking place at Silver Bella in November. Here is a picture of my finished panel:

I'm also participating in a White Christmas Tag Swap and a Cupcake Book Swap. Actually my pages for the Cupcake book were due on Friday and I'm not finished so I'd better get going on that!
I'll try to get some pictures of the awesome Tags I got back from the Dorothy Tag Swap and post them in my next post.

Manda is due to have her baby tomorrow - so I should be an Auntie very, very soon! Can't wait!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the cruise win!! If Doug happens to be too busy to go, just keep in mind I haven't been to the Bahama's either ;)

    Can't wait to see all your swaps! The banner panel is very cute! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your panel- and the quote u used on it!

    oh, and i didn't get to make it to Connecticut on this last trip, but it's another one I'd love to eventually visit one day- but yes, i can imagine those winters are COLD!

    ReplyDelete