Sunday, August 12, 2012

Quilt top two!

Here is the sewn together quilt top for my second quilt.  I still need to add the borders but I'm so excited with the way it is turning out.  This fabric by Riley Blake called "Bohemian Festival" caught my eye the minute I first saw it.  The colors make me so happy! 
I had the blocks finished last night and played around with how I wanted to assemble them.  I kept calling Doug in to see what he liked best - he has a great eye for design (and I just like his opinion!).  The seven pattern is what we both liked the best to highlight the beautiful colors. The light areas are just the dappled sunlight.
 This is a closeup of one of the blocks:
 Here is the quilt looking from the other direction:
I'm already in love with it.  I think I may have someone else quilt this for me.  I don't really want to do the "stitch in the ditch" again and I'm thinking a pretty squiggly pattern or maybe a cute flower pattern might look nice.

2 comments:

  1. wow you are one fast lady. your quilt is beautiful.

    I agree, the fun is in making the quilt top. someone else should be allowed to have the fun to quilt it (and whip stith the binding...)

    what's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh Lisa...I love this quilt! The colors are just beautiful!

    Happy Sunday!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete