Saturday, August 17, 2013

Feeling neglectful...

I can't escape the feeling of being neglectful of things. I haven't blogged much at all this year and I know I'm going to regret it later because I so like to go back and see all that the year held.


However, our year got off to kind of a rocky start.  Phoebe was sick, and then we had the water leak and had to undergo major construction on our first floor.  The stress of that mess and then the getting unpacked and settled back in took much of my efforts and left little time or even patience for other things.

Then, our spring was cold and I didn't feel much like getting outside to do anything in the flowerbeds, and just overall felt like I needed a break from things.  Plus, with all rain, the mosquitos are pretty bad this year.  So, our yard has suffered and it makes me sad.


Although we have had plenty of beautiful butterflies and hummingbirds, (they don't mind the sad state of things) I haven't even taken many pictures of them this year.

Time has flown by and it seems summer is coming to an early end.  The good news is that now I may actually be able to get outside and spruce things up a bit!

I've done some organizing projects, painted our master closet,  and have done a few crafty things but it's time to get my butt in gear.  I'm starting to get excited about fall and Halloween and have a bunch of things planned for the house, the yard, and for crafting.  Let's see if I can be a better blogger too.
:)


6 comments:

  1. I have missed your blogging, but getting to see you in June made up for it! Bring on the Fall -- I'm about ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes.. please come back to blogging more often! I missed you! Though I will admit that I've not blogged as much as usual either it seems. just busy! and sometimes I think I have nothing to say! lol! (thats very unusual.. I always have something to say! LOL)
    anyways.. I will plan on seeing you here more often then!!
    And while I hate to see summer slipping away, I do love the fall and I'm looking forward to redecorating and halloween crafting!
    have a great week Lisa!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been in your same boat Lisa! It has been a crazy year.......hopefully we can get back into it and hopefully you will make it down to OKC a little more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've had a nice summer, and I hope the pups are feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you blogging again. I'm sorry you've had such stressful situations, but I'm praying you get more productive and have more fun.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  6. There must be an epidemic - I totally understand the crazy year syndrome. I am looking forward to the Fall and all it brings - it is my favorite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete