Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Where the heck have I been?

Gosh, it's been a while since I posted anything on here. So sorry about that. Life has been kind of crazy.
Well, the inspections went well on Woodvine. Of course there were a bunch of little, annoying things like a light bulb burnt out on the front porch and in the vent hood over the stove, some caulking needed around an outside fixture, etc. The only potentially major thing was the air conditioning unit but I haven't heard anything further and we are only a week away from closing! I'm going to assume we are all set to go. Their inspection period ended over a week ago so they are pretty much obligated to close. I spoke with their realtor and we agreed that I would just credit them the agreed amount for repairs and I wouldn't have to fix a thing. Thank goodness! I hate doing repairs especially when I'm not living there anymore. We were originally set for closing on the 30th, but the buyer's bank called and said if they want the good rate they were promised they had to close by the 23rd - which is fine by me! Definitely ready to close that chapter and move on...
This past weekend I was in Pottsboro, Texas at the Tanglewood Resort for my Solo and Small Firm Law Conference. It was pretty good. Many fewer people there this year but I made a few good contacts which is always a positive. The entertainment Friday night was a ventriloquist. He was very funny - his jokes were sort of cornball but I like that. I know, I'm a nerd...

No comments:

Post a Comment