Monday, April 11, 2011

Back from Vegas!

We got back late last night from Vegas and I've got a million things to do today but wanted to give a quick post about our trip.
We stayed at the Palazzo in a very nice room that overlooked part of the strip.


In the lobby connecting the Palazzo and the Venetian was an animated butterfly. As people walked by her wings would flutter and she would bat her eyelashes.

Butterflies were the theme and they had all these amazing sculptures covered in beautiful flowers.

These poppies were at the Bellagio and the fragrance was amazing!

We saw Barry Manilow on Friday night and I have to say that was the absolute highlight of the trip. My only complaint is that I wish he could have stayed on stage and sang about 20 more of my all time Manilow favorites. :) He told stories of when he was young and how he came to be a musician and he also sang a song from his soon to be released, brand new CD with *original* songs. The way the lighting is done in the show didn't allow for very good pictures from the audience. I'm going to try to edit a couple that I took but I'm not sure if I will post them.
After the show we ate at a restaurant called Mon Ami Gabi. The food was absolutely delicious!
We did some shopping, lots of people watching and a little gambling and over all just had a great time. It's always nice to get back home though and we picked up the dogs this morning so I've got to go love on them a little bit. :)

2 comments:

  1. welcome home! please show pics of mr. m.

    luv his voice.

    glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like a fun weekend! Welcome back home!

    ReplyDelete