Sunday, May 6, 2012

Birdsong Two Projects

I'm sorry I  made you wait so long for this post but here it finally is.  I love to attend art retreats but the problem with me is, if I don't finish the project during the allotted time for class, the project comes home and never gets finished.  I'm determined to remedy this problem however and I'm thrilled to report that this morning I put the finishing touches on all my Birdsong Two projects and now they are done!
Lisa McIlvain from Tarnished and Tattered taught this adorable Faerie Theatre.  
Everyones projects came out so different but so sweet.  Some people were prepared enough to bring their own photos to personalize the project.  Plus, as with all the other projects we worked on this weekend, we not only got kits for our projects but there was an entire table filled with additional "stuff" to use if we wanted to. 
 Karla taught this sweet fairy vignette.  We constructed the mushroom out of screen and covered it in vintage paper and pretty mica flakes.  As with Lisa's project, there was tons of stuff we could add.  I waited until I got home and added the rosy looking flowers.  Also if you look close enough under the mushroom, you can see the sweet little bird I added too.
 Beth Leintz from Gathering Dust from taught us to make this fun collage.  She taught us how to create dimension in our work - something I need to make use of.  She also taught us how to do contact paper transfers.  I didn't end up using one on this but I can't wait to try it out.  I love how my collage turned out!
 Finally, Karla taught how to make this beautiful vintage watch necklace.  She collected all vintage beads that were just perfect!  I actually finished this *before* I left Birdsong.  I absolutely love it!
I still need to blog about all the sweet gifts and of course what swaps I received.  Better get on that.  :)

5 comments:

  1. lots of fun art Lisa! loving the mushroom piece! maybe someday we'll get to meet up at an art retreat somewhere. theres so many girls out in the blogworld that I would love to meet in person.
    have a lovely week. I can wait til tomorrow to start fresh again on my weight watchers as I totally blew it today! lol!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for finishing your projects! I love them all! Your collage turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute, cute projects.

    I seem to NEVER finish up projects from class..so I have stopped attending class :o(

    One day I hope to correct my lack of joining in on all the fun some of my *friends* are having.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute, cute projects.

    I seem to NEVER finish up projects from class..so I have stopped attending class :o(

    One day I hope to correct my lack of joining in on all the fun some of my *friends* are having.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you got them all done! I finished my projects from Kim's events too, its a nice feeling.

    ReplyDelete