Monday, August 10, 2009

Guess where we're going!



Gosh, it's been a while since I've posted but so much has been going on! Doug and I have been making plans to get married! I booked the travel plans today. We are going to Hawaii!!! *AND* we are staying at the Kapalua Ritz. I'm so excited that I can hardly stand it!
We are going to be married in October. I'm not sure of all the details just yet but we've talked about a simple ceremony on the beach, completely casual. Sounds perfect to me!

In the meanwhile, I've decided to get on the straight and narrow and focus on losing a few lbs. I'm trying to eat healthier and do more exercise. I want to look pretty and feel good about myself when we get married!
We've been cooking out on the grill which I LOVE! Check out this:
This is the shrimp marinating before being put on skewers

Yummy grilled veggies

The awesome shrimp kabobs!

The shrimp are wonderfully light and flavorful and make a perfect summer meal combined with the grilled veggies and a bit of orzo. If you are interested in the recipe for the kabobs, let me know and I'd be happy to share.

I also made some delicious Chocolate Cinnamon Gelato with Toffee Bits. Came out wonderfully! I didn't take a picture of it but it was very good, believe me! Yeah, that's not exactly calorie conscious, I know...But I've been wanting to try the recipe to see if I liked it and turns out: I do! January wants me to make it when she comes for her visit in September so that is what I'll do.

Lets see...what else... Oh yeah! Doug took me to a couple of movies that I have been wanting to see. First, we saw "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock. Unbelieveably, we had an afternoon without too much going on so we went to the Riverwalk for an early dinner at TeKei's. After dinner we walked around and saw that "the Proposal" was playing so on a whim we decided to see it. I liked it. Kind of predictable but enjoyable. We hadn't been to a movie in about a year and a half!
This past Friday we went to see "Julie & Julia". I have been wanting to see this one since the previews first started. It was delightful! Probably not a movie for everyone but it was nice to see something different for a change.

I'm trying to rev up my real estate career and so the last two weekends I have done a couple of open houses. I love real estate. I love that you get to see how other people live. If you know of anyone that wants to buy or sell a house, have them get in touch with me.

I'm having a Celebrating Home Party here on Wednesday night so I'd probably better get off the computer and straighten up around here. Plus, I have to decide on a few snacks to make for my guests. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment