Sunday, December 27, 2009

Oklahoma Blizzard of 2009


Looking out our front door on Christmas Eve, this is what we saw. The wind was blowing and the snow was piling up and it was just beautiful!
How grateful we were to be inside and warm and just spend some time together enjoying Christmas Eve.
When we woke up Christmas morning, the snow had stopped and most of the highways had reopened but the weatherman said to stay put if you didn't have to go anywhere. Needless to say, we didn't make it to Doug's mom's house for the festivities. Instead we stayed bundled up inside, I made some breakfast and we just enjoyed a quiet Christmas at home.

When I heard the weather was going to turn bad, I thought I would be "smart" and pull my jeep into the driveway so that if the driveway got icy, I could walk on the crunchy grass and at least get into my car. Well, that didn't work out as planned - the way the wind must have been blowing during the storm placed a four foot snow drift on our walkway from the front door right to the front of my car. Since I don't plan to get out there and shovel any time soon, I'm going to have to make my way out through the garage, down the driveway and around to the drivers side door. Or, maybe I'll just stay home until the snow all melts!

This is a view from inside Doug's car as we just pulled out of our garage and are headed down the street. Pretty icy! Glad he is driving and not me!

This is a picture of Teddy Bear sitting out by our fence. Right near where he is sitting is a little knot hole/peep hole that looks into our neighbor's back yard. Next door live two little cute dogs named Boomer & Sooner. Teddy sits by that little knot hole, listens for a while then peeks his eye up to the peep hole like this:

If Boomer and Sooner are on the other side, all the dogs go completely NUTS trying to get to one another. It's one big fun game for them. Watching him look through that peep hole is so funny! Just thought I'd share.

1 comment:

  1. Blizzard is a very serious situation. It cause a lots of damage and ofcourse paralysis life. But after the blizzard it is good time to have fun on the snow.

    ReplyDelete