Friday, July 27, 2012

Sweet Friends...

Wow, I didn't mean to be gone so long from blogging!  I've missed it but I've been so busy working 12 hour days for Hospice, which I love doing, but leaves me completely exhausted.  I've also been taking a beginner quilting class on Tuesday nights *and* I've been doing some real estate stuff too. So - that hasn't really left me any free time AT ALL!
One night this past week I got home to a package in the mail from my sweet friend Laurie.  It's always nice to get snail mail and especially when it is totally unexpected.  Look what she made especially for me!

Isn't it beautiful?  I love everything about it, the colors, the collage, the birds... but I love it the most because she made it for me.
The week following the 4th of July, Laurie had invited me to join her and a few girls for a week of crafting, junking and hanging out at her house.  Because of work commitments, there was just no way I could go. I was sad and disappointed (because I hate to miss out on crafting with friends!) but I knew I could live vicariously through them by reading about it on their blogs.
One of the projects they worked on were these collages and Laurie made the one above just for me.  So, Thank you! Laurie - I hope you know you put a smile on my face and in my heart.  Every time I look at my piece of art I am reminded just how lucky I am to have such wonderful friends.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you like it! I can't wait for the next time we get to create together!

    ReplyDelete