Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What have I been up to?

I'm not sure...A whole lot of nothin? 
Well, let's see.  I had a birthday.  Here I am with Phoebe taking my birthday picture. I posed with each one of the dogs but I'll spare you all the pictures.  Doug took me out to dinner, we went to OKC shopping and for Pizza at the Wedge and he gave me junkin bucks.  :)
 I've been trying to avoid going out since we've had these temperatures:
 I don't mind it up to about 100 degrees but Whew!  106 is a little much.
I've been doing some Hospice Nursing visits so it's in and out of the car all day long which is exhausting.  When I get home at night, I'm just beat...
Phoebe has the right idea - a nice afternoon rest.  Some people have a couch, we have an extra large dog bed.  A huge sectional with no room for people to sit.  Actually Doug gets one tiny little corner and the dogs get the rest.  Hmmmmm......
 I did go to the library one hot afternoon and found this cute little book.  It was a quick and fun read and got me thinking of a bunch of projects I want to do this year.
 Oh, and I've done some junkin.  I bought a similar cabinet that I was in the process of painting when Doug decided he wanted one too for his cycling collectibles.  While shopping at Animal Aid I came across this one for him.  The top colonial looking thing will be taken off and the cabinet will be painted - perfect!
I also went to an Estate Sale and found a bunch of cute vintage children's books that I'm going to use for a Vintage Back to School Journal Swap that I'm participating in.
Tomorrow is the 4th of July (already!?!) and I hope to get a few things done around the house while Doug gets in a game of golf.  I'm ready for a little R&R.

6 comments:

  1. I love that you have a giant sectional full of dogs with just a bit of space for the humans. So do we! We bought ours specifically for that purpose, and it's perfect. Have to spoil those pups, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa...Great finds! I hope you have a great 4th of July.....Trying so hard to get 31 wishes registration up by nightfall...can't wait to see you!!!
    XOXO,Ann-Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday girl friend!

    Hope you and your hubby have a wonderful 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you've been busy enough -- at any rate, when it's that hot it's so easy to get zapped. I sure wish I was seeing you next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS I'm going to keep an eye out for that vintage Christmas book! It looks so cute and her name is very familiar...

    ReplyDelete