Sunday, September 30, 2012

Breakfast at Tiffany Cloth Book Swap

Earlier in the summer, Laurie sent out an email to see if any one was interested in participating in a Breakfast at Tiffany Cloth Book Swap.  I knew I couldn't miss it. It was so fun dreaming of how the pages would look and bringing the vision to life, but I couldn't even imagine how much I would love this book!  I sent off my pages and Laurie worked like crazy to get them bound and sent back to us in an amazingly fast turnaround.
Look how fun Laurie packaged these for us:
Laurie also spent much of the summer making her own page (see below) along with this unbelievably gorgeous cover and the back cover as well.  
Once she received all the pages, she carefully bound them into this beautiful book.
The page with the typewriter is the back of the front cover, with a table of contents for each page.
On the right, the page with the black dress was created by Terri Wilkerson (a fellow Oklahoman!) of Http://junqueseeker.blogspot.com 
 On the left side is the back side of Terri's page.  Her details are amazing!  Click on the photos to get a closer view.
On the right side is the page I created.  I sewed blue satin into a ruffle and attached it to an iron on photo transfer.  I then adhered the ruffle adorned photo to a piece of black velvet and hand sewed the pearls.  I also added rhinestone trim to the bottom of the photo.

I kept the back of my page simple by sewing two white satin bows on to black satin.
On the right side is the page done by Tamatha Kaplan of http://snipsandthreads.blogspot.com
I've been in a couple swaps with Tamatha and I just got to meet her last weekend at Handmade U!  How cool is that?  We were partners in the Vintage Ephemera Box swap.  I still need to blog about that...
Tamatha used beautiful fabrics to make a collage page.
On the left is the back of Tamatha's page.  Can't you imagine shopping these windows?
 On the right hand side is a blue Tiffany Box page created by Suzanne Wingfield.  I wonder how she got the correct font for this page?
Below, on the left side is the back of Suzanne's page.  You've got to look at that stunning chandelier!  and the black lace she used is beautiful!
On the right side is Laurie's page with a gorgeous pink lined fabric and a sweet pink dress made from lace with a beaded sash.
 Below on the left is the back of Laurie's page.  The text in the pink box says, "You can always tell what kind of person a man really thinks you are by the earrings he gives you".
On the right is Linda McMillan's page.  I love the NY skyline and the little cat.  Cute, cute, cute~
The back of Linda's page is a collage of scenes from the movie and of NYC.  
I love the simplicity of Tami Hackler's page on the right.  It's beautiful! Tami's blog is http://vintageconnections.blogspot.com.
 The back of Tami's page has some of the lyrics to Moon River.  The page on the right is the inside of the back cover.  Isn't that fabric Laurie used so cute!  Did you notice the cat she sewed on made from buttons and embroidery?
 The back cover Laurie cut a silhouette of Audrey and covered her with mesh, then adorned the page with lace and vintage buttons.


Head on over to Laurie's blog to see her much more eloquently worded post about this amazing swap!



1 comment:

  1. Your post is perfectly-worded and I LOVED all the photos! Such fun!!

    ReplyDelete