Sunday, November 28, 2010

Update on Niles



Niles is recovering - he is one tough little guy. This is an old picture of him - he didn't want me to let everyone see him in the condition he is in. ;)
The first night we had him home I was scared to death because I couldn't get him to eat or drink, Plus, he has a Fentanyl patch for pain and I was worried it was going to overdose him and cause him to stop breathing.
He made it through the first night and by late afternoon the second day he was just starting to eat. He will not eat his regular food nor will he eat the high calorie food the vet sent home but I made him some rice topped with canned chicken and he wolfs that down just fine. He is at least up and moving around a little better and not staggering so much - I think the pain killers are starting to wear off too.
Thank you everyone who prayed for him. Looks like he is going to be okay - just going to be a long road and I imagine that those ribs on his right side will probably always be delicate so we will have to be careful with him.

2 comments:

  1. so glad to hear your little one is improving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Niles! Glad to hear he's doing better. So scary when something happens to the furbabies.

    ReplyDelete