Saturday, April 25, 2009

Yay Saturday!

The week went by pretty fast, actually it was a blur. With Niles getting sick and neither of us sleeping much, Friday was here and gone before I knew it. I guess going through the days totally exhausted makes you kind of oblivious to the here and now. Hopefully, we will all get rested up this weekend and get back on track.

The weather was gorgeous this week and I love it. I love having the windows open and being able to wear cute shoes without my feet freezing! The funny thing is, they freeze anyway. Even though we had temperatures up to 90 degrees and the house was warm with the windows open, I *still* had the space heater on my feet...Last night when Doug and I were sitting on the patio at McGills having some dinner, the weather was perfect but I was glad I brought my sweater. He just shook his head at me. I can't help it.

Early in the afternoon yesterday when I got home from work I saw that the heat has made my cute little rosebush absolutely POP! Just Thursday it had two little roses on it and last night it looked like this:

Unfortunately, its getting too hot for the pansies and it is time for them to go. I feel so guilty pulling out perfectly good plants. But the front is starting to look unsightly and overgrown. So, this weekend, out they go.

Waiting to be planted in their place are these:

and these:

Finally, I leave you with this: Have you ever wondered what a canned ham with legs would look like? Actually, I've never given it much thought but everyday I see this I think of new foods she reminds me of. To get the full effect you need to see her running down the street.

I just love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment