Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Cup of Christmas Joy has arrived!

How excited was I to arrive home this afternoon to find a package on my front porch sent from Vivian of Viv's Whimsy! We were swap partners in her Cup of Christmas Joy swap. When I first found out my partner was Vivian herself, well, lets say I was very intimidated. I'm still kind of new to this swap stuff and I know there is some serious talent out there. Look at what she sent me!


How fun is all this!?! Everything is so beautiful and Christmasy... But if I *must* choose my favorite thing - well - it's this ADORABLE panda bear she made for me. Yay!!! He is sitting in the cutest "Joy" mug filled with greenery. So cute!


A while back, Vivian was giving away one of these panda's on her blog and I entered to win. I wanted that panda so badly but someone else was the lucky winner that time. But look! Now I have one of my very own. Yay me!
For Vivian, I sent along these goodies.

There is a Christmas Tea Cup in the background filled with teas and packaged chocolates. I made the mohair bunny myself. I learned how to make the bunny earlier this year when I took Jennifer Murphy's class at The Creative Connection in Minneapolis. However, this time when I finished the bunny, no matter what I did or how I manipulated his stuffing, I could not get him to stand. I thought about making another one but I was down to the absolute wire for getting my package sent off in the mail. (I *always* underestimate how long things are going to take me to complete.) So I painted and glittered a little stand and attached him to the stand. The little kitten was purchased at Hobby Lobby and attached along with a little banner with the title of the swap. I hope Vivian likes it!
Check in tomorrow because you are going to want to see the beautiful tags I received in the Christmas Tag Swap.

1 comment:

  1. How awesome you made another bunny!! Love the panda you received from Vivian too!

    ReplyDelete