Thursday, January 8, 2009

Right now, I'm sitting in my office with Nestle on my lap while I blog. Doug is watching the Oklahoma/Florida game. Lots of yelling going on in the other room. It makes me nervous and it is very stressful. One minute he is happy and the next he is mad so it's going to be a long night.
This week has flown by. While I thought about blogging the last couple of nights I just didn't really have much to say. The new year starts off with such anticipation for big changes but it is hard to keep up with it all. So, I've decided to work on one thing at a time. I have to remember: Progress, not perfection, right?
In August, Doug and I bought a new house in Tulsa. Here is a picture that I took just before we moved in (you can see the signs still in the yard).

Nothing major needs to be done to the house since it is brand new but there are a few things we need/would like to do.
First of all, the house didn't come with any window treatments. When we first moved in this wasn't really an issue since the only room with a view to the street is my office.
The rooms that face the back yard and now the new construction in the neighborhood are the kitchen, the living room and our bedroom. We love the big windows in the kitchen and living room and don't plan to cover them anytime soon, however, the windows in our bedroom are another story.
We are planning on putting up plantation shutters. We would like to do them throughout the house, but Wow! are they expensive. So, I guess one room at a time according to the need for privacy.

Here are some other things on my to do list:
1. New glass for the patio table.
2. Make our bedroom a cozy retreat. The furniture is still nice but we really could use a new feather bed, down comforter and definitely a new coverlet. The bedding set we have now is left over from my newly single days and Doug doesn't like the pink flowers all over and the little pink lamps. It looked cute in the old house:


But not so much here. I don't have a picture of the new bedroom just yet. I'll put that on my list so I'm sure to have before and after pics. I love before and after pics, don't you?
3. Glass storm door for the front - I need sun streaming in!
4. Ceiling fan for the back porch
5. Organize my Craft room - It will be awesome!
6. Table for entryway. The one I planned to put there is now in our bedroom holding our *giant* television. I have to admit, I like the TV and the table goes pretty well with the other furniture although I won't win any decorating contests with that one.
7. Decorate the guest bedroom and finish setting up the guest bathroom.
8. New kitchen table and chairs. I plan on putting a big mirror on one of the walls and I'm looking for other ideas for the other walls.
9. Organize the garage so I can park my car inside.
10. Landscape the backyard. I want trees, a garden, bird houses, and lots of flowers! We have some cardinals visiting (see the pics in my previous post) and I want to keep them coming. I did notice this past summer there were quite a few butterflies in the neighborhood and I want to make my backyard a place they like to visit.

Well, enough rambling for now. Think I'll go soothe my jangled nerves with a nice cup of tea. The yelling around here is getting intense. C'mon Sooners!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it looks really good, I really like the outdoor design of the house. Good post, thank you for sahring it with us

    ReplyDelete