Monday, May 18, 2009

A sad day for our family...

I received a call from my sister today with the news that nobody wants to hear. She went in for her 36 week checkup to find out her baby girl had died. What devastating news. It's almost too unbelievable to wrap my mind around. Our family is just devastated. I'm praying that God gives Manda the strength to make it through.
Douglas and I were scheduled to go up to Connecticut in two weeks for the baby's shower. Today, I had to call and cancel our trip and book a flight for myself to go and help Amanda get through this. I'm so worried about her because she is such a private person. She doesn't like to talk about anything and I'm afraid she will hold it all in. I just don't understand and I can't help but ask why. I just don't understand....

1 comment: