Today I finished the Cosmo Bag for Jemellia's Sewing Challenge Month One. This bag was much more difficult than I anticipated it would be and I made a few mistakes along the way but overall, I am thrilled with how it turned out!
In doing the outside of the bag I accidentally put the handles on incorrectly and didn't discover my mistake until I had topstitched and clipped the insides of my curves. Let me tell you - I wanted to cry. It took me HOURS to undo all those stitches and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to match things up correctly - but somehow things worked out. Like I said, my bag may not be perfect, it may not even be close to as good as some of the others in the challenge but I don't care. I'm not going to compare myself or my Cosmo bag to anyone else. I'm just so happy that I have a complete bag and I will be absolutely proud to carry it around with me.
This bag is completely lined and has four pockets on the inside and two pockets on the outside side panels.
I have never sewn anything other than straight lines for blankets and dog beds - and dogs don't care if your seams aren't straight. ;)
Amy Butler lists this as an "Easy" project and while that may be true for a more experienced sewer, I don't think that it was easy for a beginner.
My suggestions for improvements in the ease of this project would more pictures along with the directions and directions that didn't have you referring back and forth for the lining part. Although with a book there is limited space, I think I would have settled for one or two less projects to have more illustrations and lengthier directions for the actual sewing.
Let me know what you think of my project!