Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!

From reading so many blogs I know that although 2010 was a good year in many ways it also brought many challenges, difficulties and heartbreak. We are all looking forward to 2011 being an even better year, aren't we!?!

Usually the week between Christmas and New Year's I take time to reflect on the year past and what I'd like to change in the new year. I remember that last year, although I wrote some goals down, I wasn't able to quiet my mind long enough to really think about what I wanted to change and how I was going to change. Somehow though, I did accomplish some things completely, made a good effort on some and some fell by the wayside.
This year however, I was really able to get quiet, and think it through. I feel much more at peace going into this new year and much more able to actually make a change. I'm so looking forward to it!
I approached it wrong last year. I was defiant and tried to "force" change like, "That's it - I'm going to make changes this year! :( " Forcing just doesn't work for me. Ask me nicely and I'll do just about anything, but demand and I'm just not going to do it. I'm not going to fight back since I don't like conflict, but I'm simply not going to do it. Being forced into something makes me angry and stubborn and want to run the opposite direction.
I need to feel encouraged, loved and guided along - just go with the flow. Life is too short and I want to be happy. So, while some of my "goals" look the same this year, I'm going to take a different approach. I'll let you know how that goes!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I am the same way, never like being forced into anything!!

    ReplyDelete