Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Almost spring


It has been such a long and cold winter here in T-town and so it is no surprise that I am eagerly awaiting spring and the warmer temperatures that go along with it. Green grass, flowers, birds singing - I'm ready for all of that.

We need to do some landscaping/gardening in the back yard so I'm formulating my plan. Doug wants a pool and honestly, I want one too but right now I don't think that is the best use of our money. Plus, we have a pretty neighborhood pool not to far away - and we didn't swim in it ONCE last summer. That is a shame. We were both too busy with work during the week and on the weekends, well, its all families and little kids. Plus, I felt a little embarrassed to put on a bathing suit and sit by all of our neighbors. No thank you.

This summer is going to be different. I am going to take the time to enjoy the pool - especially during the week. Nothing more refreshing than a nice swim after a long hot day. Plus, I am on the straight and narrow which means I'm watching what I eat. I'm increasing my fruit and veggie intake, increasing my water intake, increasing my exercise and have set a goal to do the couch potato to 5K program. I want to actually jog a 5k. Doug and I have walked several 5K's but it would be nice to finish in less than the 50 minutes it usually takes us.

We are also planning a veggie garden - lots of tomatoes and some fresh herbs. YUM! And of course there will be flowers. I love flowers. I'm going to plant trees and shrubs and flowering vines - basically anything I can to attract birds and butterflies and hummingbirds.

Last summer I had a flowering hostas and a hummingbird feeder outside my office window and every time a hummingbird would come and take a drink, it would make me so happy! They are such quick little creatures as they go from flower to flower
and then off they go! So sweet.

Well, Doug is at an Eric Clapton concert tonight at the BOK so I'm going to take this opportunity to do a few things around the house to make the rest of my week go more smoothly.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment