Saturday, September 11, 2010

In Remembrance and Celebration

Today we said our final goodbye's to Doug's mom Carol. The service was beautiful and she was laid to rest next Kenneth Arms - her husband of 37 years. I can't help but think of the both of them smiling and watching the OU game from above. Go Sooners!
During the service the pastor reflected on some of the stories that we will always remember about her and we laughed and we cried. Though our hearts are heavy right now, we will look back on those memories and smile.


Also on our hearts and in our minds today are the memories of 2001 on that fateful day that changed our nation forever. It was a scary and confusing time and we all remember where we were and what we were doing when those planes hit the towers. My family was in Connecticut and I had just moved to Oklahoma a few months prior. I had an overwhelming sense of needing to be with my family - especially my Mom. Those were difficult days and I pray that the families who suffered tragedies have found some sense of peace in their lives and I have such gratitude for the people who work so hard every day to keep us safe.

In a much lighter note, today is my sister's birthday! Happy Birthday Amanda!!!
I hope you had a wonderful birthday today. :)

Amanda and Lier are expecting a baby boy next month and I can hardly wait to be an auntie to my little nephew!

No comments:

Post a Comment