Tuesday, March 15, 2011

This past weekend the Home and Garden Show was in town and of course, with lots of thoughts of projects in my mind, we headed off to see what kind of trouble we could get into.

The plan for the back patio is still on, we've just been trying to decide exactly what we want done and how much we want to spend. I think we have got that project narrowed down and just yesterday I emailed the contractor to get us scheduled.

Our other plan is to replace our front door. We have a beautiful wood front door as seen in this picture from when we were buying the house. The problem is that it doesn't let in any light. We've been here 2 1/2 years (?already!?) and we have talked constantly about replacing the door and looks like we are finally going to do something about that - maybe. I have an email to our homeowner's association finding out what kind of approval we need to do the work. We have picked out a beautiful custom iron and glass door. Once we give the go ahead it will take between 6 and 8 weeks to get it made.
I'll be extending the gardens in the back but I'm waiting until the patio is complete because I have a feeling the back yard might get torn up during the construction of the patio and I don't want to have to do the work twice.
I haven't done much crafting in the last couple of weeks and I'm starting to feel really stressed. Maybe this coming weekend I can get up to my studio and work on a few things. I am currently taking Christy Tomlinson's She Art class and have started a canvas which I think is coming along pretty cute. I'm a week behind in watching the videos but I hope to catch up this week. Some of the canvases are so adorable!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Lisa! Thanks for being a blog follower. I appreciate your comments. Consider yourself registered for my anniversary giveaway!

    I'm in the She Art class that starts next month. I've watched some of the tutorials and can hardly wait to get started!

    Love your plans for your house. Aren't you just itching to plant things? I'm hoping spring is truly here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa, for your prayers. It really helps. Love the clipboard from Jackie's class...great job!
    Hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete