Monday, December 19, 2011

Gingerbread Men

So, I've wanted to make gingerbread man cookies for several years now. I went out and bought all the ingredients, looked up a recipe that had good reviews and set out to make my cookies. Let me just say that the recipe from allrecipies.com was a complete and utter disappointment. The dough was way too sticky, I had to add a ton more flour than the recipe called for and honestly, the cookies totally lack flavor. However, my cookie cutters made this flop kind of fun.

Each one is dismembered in some way in that it looks like a bite has been taken out of them.
Yeah, I'm sick - I colored some of the icing to look like blood.

If I wasn't laughing so hard at my sick humor, I'd be crying over the recipe flop. Oh well.

5 comments:

  1. It's good that you could find humor in it! Maybe you should start a new tradition of dismembered gingerbread men for Halloween next year. Doesn't baking gingerbread make the house smell amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! you made my day! Your cookies have a very pretty brown color and cute faces....

    You'll have to find a better receipe and give it another go.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are to funny! Glad to know I'm not the only one to have a flop at the Christmas Cookies this year!

    Merry Christmas sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the blood and frownie faces are awesome! love them. sorry the recipe was a flop. you'll have to keep searching...

    ReplyDelete