Saturday, August 4, 2012

Finished Quilt and New Fabrics

I finished my very first quilt and I'm thrilled how it came out!  All you quilters out there, don't look too close ~ there are definite mistakes and some not so perfect stitches,  but I had fun and I learned what to do and not to do on my next quilt.

 The only part that I didn't really enjoy was the "Stitch in the Ditch" quilting.  It was so much turning and it was so tedious!  I discovered that one mistake I made was not completely smoothing the top with the batting and backing so I ended up with a few "puckered" stitched areas.  I'm also not in love with using the nylon invisible thread, we had a few tangles along the way...  Surprisingly, I actually liked putting the binding on!  I was afraid of it at first but it was an enjoyable part of the process.  I'm so happy with my quilt!
 So happy in fact that I went out and picked out fabrics for my next project.  This one is going to be a wallhanging - probably for my office.  The pinks, blues and greens are my favorites.
 These fabrics are beautiful and I can't wait to get started!
I'll keep you posted on my progress.  Enjoy the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I think you are hooked!! I can't wait to see the next one! I have only started to hand quilt a full size quilt top that I bought at the thrift store, but haven't finished it so far. And then there's Ben's Scout quilt that I still need to hand quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is gorgeous, Lisa! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job LIsa! I have a beautiful quilt pattern and all the fabric for it. I never got past cutting all the pieces out and I was even in a quilting quild club! Really I just liked to go to see what the other girls were making. They were all so prolific... and like I said, I couldnt even get my pieces cut! needless to say, I dont go anymore. So awewoms for you! I give you tons of credit! and I look forward to seeing your next project.
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete