Sunday, September 16, 2012

Miss Pumpkin Queen

 Yesterday, I traveled over to OKC to the Paper Crown to make this sweet little Miss Pumpkin Queen:
This was the first time that Bobbie taught a class at Paper Crown and she did a great job! Bobbie is teaching another class in a week or so that I had already signed up for before I took this class. The picture of the sample for the next class is completely adorable, but when I saw the actual project displayed yesterday at the Paper Crown,  I can't even wait.  If you hop on over to Bobbie's blog, you will see what what I'm talking about.  Don't be jealous. ;)
I just love my sweet Miss Pumpkin Queen and I've already displayed her proudly on my fireplace mantle.  Now it's time to get out all my fall decorations to jazz things up around here. 

In other creative news, I finished my Breakfast at Tiffany pages last week and sent them off to Laurie. Even though the design was fairly simple (I thought!) the execution definitely took way longer than I ever anticipated.  I hope everyone likes them - I thought they were pretty.   No sneaky peeks on those right now - you'll just have to wait!

I'm also waiting on my Faerie Book from Karla's swap.  Lots of the girls have gotten their books and the pages are amazing. Everyday I go to the mailbox hoping, hoping, hoping - but not yet... I know there were between 80-100 people who participated, so Karla's getting them made into books and sent out as fast as she can.

Next up, I'm getting my things together to head to Omaha on Thursday for Rachel's Handmade U - Fall 2012.  Driving up Thursday for a weekend of journaling and hanging with my creative friends.  I went last fall and we stayed at Minglewood Lodge and had a great time.  The retreat is growing, and this year, Rachel moved the event to a hotel in Omaha.  Better go finish up my swaps!

4 comments:

  1. LIsa!!! she is wonderful! I love her. makes me want to make one now. Thats what I love about blogging.. sooo much inspiration!
    have a great week
    xoxo
    viv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that owl is to die for, too! We must plan my trip to OK around one of these classes -- I've heard so much about Paper Crown!

    ReplyDelete