Sunday, December 9, 2012

Snow Queen

For several nights over the past two weeks, this Snow Queen slowly came to life.  I had an idea of her in my mind and am so excited at how she turned out. 
Her head is sculpted paperclay and she has a soft, cloth body.  You can't see very well in the picture but she has linen pantaloons with lace trim.  Her dress is made from a recycled Laura Ashley paisley skirt that I found last year at Goodwill.  She has a golden crown on her head surrounded by white feather boa, adorned with a sequin holly berry.  (Click on her picture if you want to get a closer look!)
I made Snow Queen for the secret exchange at the Tulsa Dolling Dames Christmas Party. I hope the person who got her loves her.  It was very hard for me to give her up.
We put our dolls in a plain brown paper bag and then draw numbers to pick.   In the bag I chose was this little pink mermaid doll ornament made by one of our club members that comes over from Arkansas.
Mermaids are going to be a theme this next year at the Doll Club.  We are having Arley Berryhill come to Tulsa in the spring to teach us how to make one of his mermaid dolls, plus learn lots of new techniques.  Should be lots of fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment