Sunday, January 11, 2009

Billy Simms Barbeque ~ off the list!

We eat out all the time and so it is hard to find something that is different. While driving the other day, Doug mentioned he wanted to try Billy Sims Barbeque. I'm not a big fan of barbeque and I had a late lunch so when Doug asked me if I wanted to go try Billy Simms I figured why not.. I don't like to try new or different places when I'm really hungry because I'm afraid I won't find something I like.
Good thing I wasn't hungry tonight! When we pulled up, there were only two or so cars outside the place. NOT a good sign especially here in Tulsa where every decent (and not so decent) restaurant is busy. We walk in and there are a couple of guys sitting in a booth drinking beer and watching the game. We sit down and the bartender/waitress brings the menus. There are like FIVE CHOICES. Ugggghhhh! Again, I'm not crazy about barbeque but there is usually something I can choose. I pick the pulled pork sandwich and a side of potato salad and Doug picks the barbeque brisket with other stuff on it. My soda is flat when it arrives and Doug's beer is also.
The place was TERRIBLE! So, as far as I'm concerned, it's off the list! It joins Up the Creek steak place ~ terrible!
Anyway, on to more positive things. I got quite a bit accomplished this weekend. Phoebe got a bath which she so desperately needed. We have a little area in the kitchen where our table should go where we have placed a large playpen with blankets for the dogs. We affectionately refer to it as the bird's nest. The dogs LOVE it in there. We put them in there when we leave the house and they actually BEG to go back in around bedtime. Here is a picuture so you get the idea:

We took the nest outside and scrubbed it all clean and washed all the bedding and blankets so its all fresh and nice.
I also took the couch apart and vacuumed all the cushions really good, vacuumed the floors and Doug mopped them. We got new air filters for the intake vents and switched out the old ones. It feels so good to cross things off the list!
This morning I went up to my craft room and made some major headway organizing. I'm getting there!
Here are some pictures of the dogs. The first picture is of Nestle, a/k/a Nettie, Nettie Spaghetti, um punkin pie!

This next picture is of Niles, a/k/a Niles Crocodiles, nies crocs...

Then there's Phoebe, Phoebe Buffet, Phoebs, Curly, Girls, Curly Q, I like the way curly moves....(Our dogs have songs that go along with their names. I know, we are crazy...)

Finally, the baby of the family is Teddy Bear, Teddy, Taynie, Teddy Bayyer:

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment