Monday, January 26, 2009

Ice Storms in Tulsa

Tonight is the AC/DC concert and I was supposed to be the designated driver but the ice has hit Tulsa. I am scared to death to drive in this so instead of me driving, Doug's friend picked him up. I hope they have a great time, but I especially hope they are *careful*...Concerts are not really my thing, although Doug did take me to see Sarah Evans a few months ago and I really enjoyed that!

After yesterday's banana bread disaster, I decided to bake some chocolate coconut macaroon cups. The recipe came from Martha Stewart and seemed pretty simple. Not too many ingredients:

They turned out so good! I've already eaten two of them.

In the spirit of trying to be more organized, I cleaned out the kitchen junk drawer.
The before (how embarrasing!):

And, the after:

Ahhh. That's better!
Finally, today on the Home Sanctuary blog, Rachel Anne challenged us to make a list of our household chores and label them as to how often we would like to get things done. The point is to aspire to a better home environment by taking small steps each day. When we try to do too much we end up crashing and burning. At least that is so true for me. I look forward to the challenges - they help keep me motivated.
The weatherman is predicting tomorrow is still going to be icy and dangerous to travel. I'm just hoping the electricity stays on and we can stay warm.

1 comment: