Sunday, January 4, 2009

I just love birds...






Aren't those birds just beautiful? I snapped about 80 different pictures and they were all taken through the window! I didn't want to go outside and scare the birds away. There is a little feeder in the front yard right outside my office window. I think the birds like it because there is a little rock and some shrubbery they can hide in. There is also tree that they can land on the branches and sort of survey the scene. Honestly, it makes me so happy! I have big plans for creating a bird/butterfly/hummingbird paradise in the back yard this summer so stay tuned!
Today wasn't nearly as productive as yesterday. I didn't sleep well again last night ~ too many things swirling around in my head like projects I want to tackle and crafty projects I want to do. So, I got up early with the best of intentions but ended up getting sidetracked. Of course, taking all those pictures of the birds took some time. ;)
I went up to my craft room and started organizing. When I got the surface of my table cleaned off I decided I needed to decorate the cover of my new notebook. I got totally involved in that project and before I knew it, the afternoon was half over.
Doug was so sweet. He made me a grilled cheese sandwich and served my lunch upstairs complete with potato chips, pickles and a diet pepsi. I ate my lunch ( I was starving!) and then needed to take a nap. Yep ~ a nice afternoon nap.
When I got up, I went back upstairs and made a card for my Gram and started working on some birthday cards. Time really does fly when you are having fun because the evening just went too fast. It was getting late and I wanted to be able to post here before it's time to get ready for bed.
There are lots of organizing challenges coming up on other blogs and I'm going to be choosing what I want to do to get my house and life in order. I'll post what I plan to do for this month to keep myself on track and keep myself accountable. But you will have to wait until tomorrow because I need to get my desk cleaned off tonight (one of my new year's resolutions) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment